I am an unfinished work, and so are many of my projects. This blog is just an odd collection of things I make and do.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Nativity; part II.

My husband always goes and takes pictures, which he posts on his blog, Living Love Photos. This year, I took my collection. I chose a table close to the wall, and set up a bookshelf to feature the smaller pieces. By grouping the white ones together, they really stood out.



The one in the foreground below was my mother's nativity, the one I grew up with. I also have my grandmother's, and now my own set that I raised my children with.



The little set in the middle shelf below, left side, is the set of my grandmother's pieces, with the addition of a bamboo stable my son brought me from the Philippines.


Many of my tiny sets, some of which are shown here, were gifts from my children through the years.  Some of them were actually from the dollar store, and I'm okay with that.  I cherish them all the more for the children's caring and supporting me in my faith and my love of the Nativity.

No comments: