I am an unfinished work, and so are many of my projects. This blog is just an odd collection of things I make and do.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tweener's Bolero Sweater

I finished this in December for my ten-year-old granddaughter. 
She loved it and her little sister wants one too!

The yarn is Bernat Baby Jacquard.  

It naturally forms the stripes in the pattern. I made sure to start at the same place in the yarn on each side, to make sure the stripes would line up correctly.



Better view...I just like the picture above 
because it's a good one of her.  
She didn't take time to change her shirt...
I think it would look really nice with a 
white or light blue shirt under it.

Back View

This is the original pattern.  I've found some pretty good ones at Fave Crafts. I altered it because I didn't like the way the edge was done.  It is cute, but I didn't think it would work well with the jacquard yarn.  The stripes would be really wide and not really go with the body of the sweater.

I picked up stitches all the way around, then knitted a garter stitch until it was the right width.  I increased around the curves so it would keep its shape. 






I like the bright blue flower button I found in my button collection.  It was a nice final touch.

And now, Grammy, it's time to go.

No comments: