I am an unfinished work, and so are many of my projects. This blog is just an odd collection of things I make and do.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving from Ginger


Yep, I made the pie. But not the giraffe.

I cooked the pumpkin myself, strained it in cheesecloth, added homemade pumpkin pie spice mix and the other ingredients, and baked it just right.  Okay, the crust is the coolest thing...I bought it refrigerated, rolled it into the pan, and shaped the edges. Looks homemade, but it isn't. 

Our hostess made a beautiful apple pie with lattice crust on the top. Her little girls were so proud of that pie and the others she made. 

At this time of year, and always, I am thankful for family and friends. I am thankful for plentiful food, for my church, and especially for the Lord and his constant presence in my life.

No comments: