I am an unfinished work, and so are many of my projects. This blog is just an odd collection of things I make and do.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

History Project

I am a "Ward History Consultant" in my church. Every year I to write up a 20-40 page history of my local congregation. This means taking pictures year-round, attending many events, and contacting a lot of people at the end of the year to get the information.  This year, I only managed 21 pages, but it's a good-sized project to write up, print and put together, and distribute.

I printed 4 copies; 2 for the Ward, 1 for the Stake, and one for Church Archives. One of the Ward copies goes into sheet protectors in a binder; one is punched for 3-ring. The other two copies I put in a folder and give to the Stake History Consultant." 

Thankfully, my good photographer husband is able to take a lot of the pictures for me, because I have trouble getting other people to turn theirs in sometimes. This year my new friend Amanda turned in quite a few of them from youth activities.

*A Ward is a local congregation. The next level up, a Stake, consists of about 6-10 Wards.  It then goes up to Region, then Area.

I have left off identifying info, but here is the cover page:


5TH WARD

SOUTH STAKE
 
2009
HISTORY


LYNN
WARD HISTORY CONSULTANT
 
PHOTOGRAPHY BY ANTHONY
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED

 

No comments: