I am an unfinished work, and so are many of my projects. This blog is just an odd collection of things I make and do.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lush and Lacy Sweater

My new knitted sweater, Lush and Lacy from 
SweaterBabe.com  I am so excited to finish!

Detail of the lacy pattern on the sleeve.

Detail of the hook fastener, my
adaptation of the button they suggest.
I love the antique look of the hooks; 

it fits with the lacy pattern of the sweater.

This was quite a project!  I got all done and started blocking it, and realized one sleeve was shorter than the other.  I took it out completely and redid it.  I was glad I had because the sweater came out so pretty.  I followed the pattern exactly, but if I ever did this one again, I would change a few details.

I made it out of Naturally Caron Country yarn in Spruce Color.  It is 75% acrylic, 25% merino, the only kind of wool I can handle well. It's super soft, and can be machine washed and dried on gentle cycle, according to the label.  I haven't really tried it yet. 

No comments: