I am an unfinished work, and so are many of my projects. This blog is just an odd collection of things I make and do.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Another Grad School Observation:

The homework load has made blogging a very low priority. The reading load is incredible. Foucault, Mann, Buckland, Robert Taylor...

Some of it is really interesting and some is like wading through pudding.  I didn't like Foucault The Archaeology of Knowledge when I read it, but I loved the ideas I gleaned from the class discussion.  

We have the most amazing professor; he not only reads every post on the class online discussion board, he can remember later who posted what when he or anyone else refers to it in class.  He will bring things up in class, mentioning the writer by name; if someone brings up a topic that reminds him of a post, he is able to reference the post by the writer.  This one is not the stereo-type of the absent-minded professor! 

No comments: