I am an unfinished work, and so are many of my projects. This blog is just an odd collection of things I make and do.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Vegetarian Mom's Apron



 She started it this summer. 
I took one look at her logo and decided on her Christmas gift.

I couldn't find exactly the fabric I wanted, so I settled on blue with white polka-dots.


It looks a little busy, blinding even, in the picture, 
but the detail shows it's really a cute pattern.


I sent it along with a package of hand-made cookie mix and instruction sheet.  I hope she likes it, and she and her family enjoy the cookies! Chocolate cookies baking just smell and taste so good.

 Just in case she wants to make them again, the ingredients and recipes are on the back of the sheet. If you try this recipe and you like them, I'd love to hear about it!



The apron is made with about 3/4 yard of 44" wide fabric.  Cut it to 19" long, hem three sides, and gather the top.   Cut a waistband 1/2 of the waist measurement (+ 1 inch) and 3.5" wide.  Press one side down the width of your seam; attach unpressed side to apron skirt with right sides together. Hand baste first, then stitch after checking that your gathers are even. 

Press in ends to match sides of skirt; fold waistband over seam and press the fold.  Top-stitch or hand-stitch edge. Sew on 1 1/2 yards of wide grosgrain ribbon to make ties.  

If you can follow these directions without pictures, you probably don't need them. You could probably Google other tutorials for better directions. Here's one with pockets and fabric ties. 

No comments: