I am an unfinished work, and so are many of my projects. This blog is just an odd collection of things I make and do.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Organizing Distractions

I have grown tired of mess and confusion, so I checked out a bunch of organizing books from the library. My favorite is "One Year to an Organized Life"


I started with January, even though it's March, and I'm working on the kitchen.  I now do the dishes after every meal, even if it means hand washing.  I love having a clean kitchen!  And it's so easy this way!  (you can't really click to look inside, unless you go to Amazon.com, the source of the picture)



One of these days I might even start using it to cook and bake again!  Right now I'm starting to organize it.  It's not horrible, but I've emptied two whole shelves of stuff that is my son's, or that I am giving to him because it's not gluten/dairy free.

I found five bottles of medicines that are expired and I can throw away.  You know how infrequently you take them, when they expire on the shelf.  I separated the OTC meds into a little tray, away from the vitamins and herbs, to make them all easier to get to.

She starts out the month with a week or two of journal writing, while starting a new habit, (which for me is the dishes).

At first, I was frustrated. Examine your childhood. Blame it on the parents again. Decide how to overcome their influence.

I did it anyway.  I discovered that I can't blame time management issues on  my parents.  I learned to procrastinate all by myself, by practicing procrastination!  This was actually really healthy for me.

It means I can learn to stop procrastinating all by myself too!  That's a good thing, and I am starting now. In March.  with January.  Whatever.  You can do them in whatever order you think is important, and kitchen is the place for me to start.  Next up is probably the office--currently known as catchall room with a couple of desks and computers in there.

There's even a month dedicated to moving, so if I have to do that, I'll turn to it quickly.

No comments: