I am an unfinished work, and so are many of my projects. This blog is just an odd collection of things I make and do.

Monday, January 2, 2012

I write like James Joyce!


I write like
James Joyce
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


James Joyce?

From Wikipedia:
James Augustine Aloysius Joyce (2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941) was an Irish novelist and poet, considered to be one of the most influential writers in the modernist avant-garde of the early 20th century. Joyce is best known for Ulysses (1922), a landmark work in which the episodes of Homer's Odyssey are paralleled in an array of contrasting literary styles, perhaps most prominently the stream of consciousness technique he perfected.

That's probably what it is: that stream of consciousness technique. I took all the paragraphs from my last few blog posts, just sort of streaming my thoughts out there.

My other blog is analyzed as reading like Cory Doctorow, and I've never heard of him! Neither have I ever read James Joyce.  In fact, when I saw the name I thought immediately of trees..."I think that I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree."  (That's actually Joyce Kilmer--and I'm relieved I don't sound like that, though I do love trees!)

Anyway, it's just good fun, so if you would like to see who your writing resembles, go ahead and play with it!

No comments: